High School (Grades 9-12)
For Grades 9-10, we use Cambridge Upper Secondary curriculum. The focus is on a broad and balanced study across a wide range of subjects using learner-centred and enquiry-based approaches to learning. Assessments include written, oral, coursework and practicals and students take the IGCSE exams at the end of this stage.
The following IGCSE subjects are mandatory for all students:
- English – choice between English as First Language or English as Second Language
- Second Language – choice between Hindi, French, Spanish
- International Mathematics – choice between Core or Extended
- Science – choice between Combined Science or Physics, Chemistry and Biology (each of the individual Science subjects are available as Core or Extended)
Students must choose a minimum of 3 subjects from the following options:
- Computer Science
- Additional Mathematics
- English Literature
- Business Studies
- Global Perspectives
- Environmental Management
- Art & Design
- Physical Education
- International Mathematics
The choice and combination of subjects should be based on a fair understanding of the purpose which can include personal interest, use value of subject for university admissions and higher education courses, future career planning or aspiration for Cambridge ICE Award
(Humanities & Social Sciences)
|Group 3 |
|Group 4 (Mathematics)||Group 5
(Creative & Professional)
|English as First Language (EFL)||Economics||Physics||International|
|English as |
|Hindi as Second|
|History||Biology||Computer Science (CS)|
|Combined Science||Art & Design
|Spanish||Literature in English||Environmental Management|
|Physical Education (PE)|
|Sociology||Global Perspectives (GP)|
- Students are expected to take a minimum of 3 A level subjects alongside AS level English.
- We also offer AS level Global Perspectives & Research (only if 2 or more students opt for it) and IPQ in addition to the subjects mentioned in the bands.
- Further Mathematics will only be offered to students if they clear the baseline examination for it.
- We only offer a subject at AS and A level if a minimum of 5 students opt for it.
|English Language (AS) or
English General paper (AS)
|Band 2||Physics||Economics||Media Studies|
|Band 3||Biology||Business||Art & Design|
|Band 4||Computer |
|Band 6||Law||Further |
For Grades 11-12, we use Cambridge Advanced programme with AS Level exams after Grade 11 and A Level exams after Grade 12. The only exception is AS Level English subjects for which the exams are conducted at the end of Grade 12. Cambridge International AS and A Levels are extremely good preparation for university studies. Students develop deep subject knowledge along with strong analytical skills, critical thinking and writing skills. All these are highly valued by all top universities in India and abroad.
AS and A Level
|Group (Compulsory for AICE Diploma)||Group 1 (Mathematics & Sciences)||Group 2 (Languages)||Group 3 (Arts & Humanities)||Group 4 (Interdisciplinary Subjects)|
|Global Perspectives and Research (GP)||Mathematics||English Language||Economics||English General Paper
|Physics||English General Paper||Accounting|
|Biology||Art & Design|
|Marine Science||Media Studies|